Crouton Corn Cakes
It's just Croutons, Corn, and Oil. That's it, and these are delicious little appetizers or sides for an entree!
CROUTON CORN CAKE!
* 1 Can of Whole Sweet Corn
* 1- 1 1/2 cups Italian Seasoned Croutons
* 1/2 cup of any oil with a high smoke point, you can do it with olive oil, I did, it’s just harder to control the temperature and you don’t want to start a fire!
FOOD PROCESSOR or BLENDER REQUIRED***
* Rinse and drain your corn 2-3 times, and set aside 10 minutes to completely drain
* In food processor add all the croutons, blend until the texture of breadcrumbs, set aside
* In food processor add half the can of corn, blend until smooth, pour into a mixing bowl
* In the mixing bowl add the remaining corn and the bread crumbs, stir til combined
* Let it sit for about 5 minutes so the remaining liquid is absorbed in the crumbs. If it still looks really watery blend down more croutons and add
* Heat a pan to medium high heat – around 365
* In the pan, fill the bottom with oil so it’s about a 1/4 inch full
* Make the corn mixture into small balls, then flatten them into a cake shape
* Add them to the oil one at a time, be careful it may crackle and pop from the retained moisture of the whole kernels
* Cook 3-4 minutes each side, or until golden browned on both sides
* Let them rest on a drying rack for a few minutes to let out excess oil