Who does not love pancakes? Pancakes are easy to prepare and easy to cook. Here are collections of fruity pancakes with fruit toppings to make them more healthier and nutritious.
Here in my country, people don't usually add fruits to their pancakes. We usually eat the plain pancakes, hotcakes or the buttermilk pancakes.
Most people would just buy hotcake mix from the groceries and prepare it for their family either for breakfast or snacks. Here, we like pancakes as afternoon snack.
When it comes to fruity pancake what we often see are the blueberry and strawberry pancakes. Banana pancake is also the next popular one. But here in the Philippines blueberry and strawberry are not common. So I look for fruity pancake recipe using tropical fruits like bananas, coconut, mango and pineapple.
First, instead of buying a pancake mix, you can also try to prepare and store your own pancake mix for your family without buying on the grocery.
Pancake or hotcakes are described as flat bread or cake preparations. This does not need to be bake in the oven but in frying pans or griddles. This is a sweet milky batter which can be served with various toppings and syrups. There are so many variations of pancakes made from different ingredients and flours.
For Basic Fluffy Pancakes you need the following:
* Evaporated milk
* White vinegar
*. All purpose flour or cake flour
* White sugar
* Baking powder
* vegetable cooking spray
We usually combine the wet ingredients to form the soured milk first then the dry ingredients. After that you mix them well together and make sure there are no lumps in the batter. We usually use 1/4 cup of the batter per pancake. We can now pour it on the pan using light to medium fire and wait for the little bubbles to appear then we cooked the pancake from light brown to toasted brown color.
Favorite Fruit Toppings
Now the common fruit toppings for special fruity pancake recipes are blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, oranges and lemons. Here you can find some of the collection of pancake recipes variations with these fruit toppings:
1. Whole Wheat Apple Pancakes -This uses whole wheat flour with cinnamon and nutmeg and some applesauce.
2.American Blueberry Pancakes-Its nutrition per serving includes 108 kcalories, protein 4g, carbohydrate 18g, fat 3 g, saturated fat 1g, fibre 1g, and salt 0.41 g
3. Orange Creamsicle Pancakes - This uses Creamy ricotta cheese and fresh squeezed orange juice.
4Brown Sugar Peach Pancakes-- This uses yoghurt, vanilla extract and maple syrup.
5. Lemon Curd and Pancake Layered Cake---You can make a layered cake using vanilla cream and lemon curd in this recipe.
Tropical Fruit Toppings
Here in the Philippines, you can use tropical fruits like coconut, pineapple, mango, and banana to make fruity pancakes.
1. Coconut Pancakes ( Pancake Mapow )- This is a Thai recipe for coconut pancakes.
2. Pineapple Upside Down Pancakes--For pineapple lovers you will enjoy this citrusy sweet pineapple pancakes.
3. Mango Pancakes with Mango syrup---Use mango puree to make this mango-rich fruity pancake.
4. Banana Buttermilk Pancakes---An easy to do banana pancakes. Prepare the mashed bananas and mix it in your batter.
So, here are some of the fruit pancake recipes collected from different blogs that you can try. Even if you are not good in cooking, you can impress your friends and family with this simple treat you can serve them whether for ordinary days or for special occasion. You would surely have a great weekend with this pancake recipes.