Global warming : meaning, causes, effects and preventive measures.
Global warming is the biggest problem of the world and we have to minimize global warming if we want to make earth a better place to live. In this article you will find meaning of global warming, causes of global warming, effects and measures to prevent global warming.
- Meaning of global warming
- Main causes of global warming
- Destructive effects of Global warming
- Preventive measures of Global warming
Meaning of global warming
The green house gases are collected in the environment due to the activities of human beings. The green house gases produce green house effect. The green house gases allow the solar radiantion of short wavelengths to pass through them which are converted into long wavelength radiantion. These radiations of long wavelenghts do not escape away through the greeen house gases therefore they remain in the atmosphere and rise the temperature of the atmosphere. Due to which the global temperature is raising day by day. Theis event is called Global warming. Global warming is a great problem due to whcih the normal temperature of the earth has increased higher than before.
Main causes of global warming
The main causes of global warming are :
1. Increase int he amount of carbon dioxide gas in the atmosphere due to excessive deforestation.
2. Increase in the amount of oxides of carbon, oxides of nitrogen produced during the combustion of fossil fuel like coal and petroleum partially or completely.
3. Collection of chlorofluorocarbon in atmosphere due to use of aerosols in refrigerator and air conditioners, use of foams and fire extinguishers.
4. Nitrogen oxides gas is produced by chemical fertilizers used in agriculture and by the combustion of fuel used in automobile.
5. Various biotic activites, agricultural activites and decay of organic wastes produce greeen house gases causing Global warming.
Destructive effects of Global warming
1. Rate of evaporation of water increases due to global warming creating shortage of water availability.
2. Due to global warming, the polar snow will melt, flooding the rivers and oceans which will endanger the costal life.
3. Due to global warming, the death of organisms (animals and plants ) is possible.
4. Water and air gets polluted rapidly.
5. Global warming may cause erratic and untimely rainfall and droughts.
Preventive measures of Global warming
1. By discouraging deforestation and efforcing a completecontrol on excessive cutting of forests.
2. By encouraging plantation.
3. Controlled and minimum use of fossil fuel with complete combustion.
4. Complete ban over use of chloroflourocarbons (aerosol).
5. By replacing the use of fertilizers by biotic manure.
6. By using alternative sources of energy in general.