Healthy Indian Recipe- Fruit Chaat
A recipe for preparing a healthy yet extremely yummy Indian evening snack.
What is a Fruit Chaat?
A fruit chaat is a very famous Indian recipe, which is combination of assorted fruits and potatoes served along with the traditional Indian sweet and sour chutney's.The fruit chaat requires very little time to prepare ( approximately 10 minutes ) and is low in calories. Take a look below for the tips to prepare a fruit chaat, a healthy evening snack , to mesmerize your taste buds and give your body it's daily share of essential nutrients.
Apple, Guava, Pineapple, Papaya, Grapes, Orange slices, banana, Tamarind, Tomato, Amchur ( Green Mango ) powder, Green Chilies, Jaggery, Jeera ( Roasted Cummins) Powder (2 tsp.), Red Chili Powder (2 tsp.), Salt , pomegranate, Coriander leaves, dates syrup, Lemon Juice, Mint leaves, oil.
Preparing the Fruit Chaat
1. Prepare the fruits : Slice the fruits into evenly sized pieces, add chat masala, amchur ( green mango ) powder, and mix them well in a bowl.
2. Green Chutney : Spread the green chili chutney on the top, and mix well till the spices have been blended completely with all the fruits.
3. Red Chutney : Add the sweet red tamarind chutney, which was prepared earlier, to add the zingy sweet and sour taste.
4. Final Topping : Use the coriander leaves and pomegranate grains as the final topping. Your yummy fruit chaat is now ready.
How to prepare the Chutneys ? for the Fruit Chaat ?
Things to remember
1. Both the chutneys have shelf life of about a week.
2. Slice the fruits only after removing the peels completely
3. Since most of the fruits are seasonal ,use fruits based on the availability.
4. Add more red or green chutney to suit to your taste.
What do dreams mean?
How to do a pedicure at home?