Hide Files / Hide Folders
Hide your important files and folders in your computer. Very useful trick.
I am sure almost all people need something like this thing to hide their important data on their computer. And this is a good trick for those who don't having their personal computer, I mean they having one computer between 2 or more users.
I know we can easily hide our folders or files by clicking its properties and making them hide. But when 'show hidden files' is on from the folder option then it can be seen by anyone. It will be also appear in search option.
But from this method no one will able to know about your files and folders even that option is on and also they will not be appear in search option. Just check it out.
How to do it?
• Open Command Prompt. (To open it press windows key+r, and type ‘cmd’ in run and enter)
• Now for example, we having ‘office’ folder in D drive.
• So to hide that folder, type this in command prompt and press enter: attrib +s +h D:\office (note: There is space between attrib and +s and also between +s and +h)
• Now just check it. Your folder is already hidden from that drive. And no one can see it with any option.
• Now to see that folder again, type this in command promote and press enter: attrib -s -h D:\office (- instead of +)
• This will make your folder visible again in the same directory.
So this is quite easy and useful method and people can save their important data like that, so no one can see it and delete it. But don’t forget your file or folder name otherwise you will never able to make them visible again. Lol..