How and when does Wikinut pay me?
All Wikinut payments are made automatically via Paypal - for more information about timings, thresholds and frequency read on.
Do I need a Paypal account?
If you want to be paid, the answer is yes! Opening a Paypal account is free, quick and easy. Owned by eBay (at the time of writing), Paypal is one of the most popular forms on paymemt on the web used by millions of users and thousands of businesses.
All you need to provide to Wikinut is the email address registered to your Paypal account, so it is completely secure and private. You can give us this address through your Edit profile page.
We pay all transaction charges, so you can be rest assured that you'll receive 100% of any royalties owed.
When do I get paid?
We send payments out on a monthly basis, on or before the 10th of the month. Payments will be made to any Wikinut user whose balance at the end of the penultimate month was £5.00 or greater.
So for example:
- A user joins in January and writes some pages.
- They generate £12.50 of royalties by the end of January.
- They will not receive a February payment as their balance at the end of December (the February cutoff point) was zero.
- They generate another £20.00 of royalties throughout February.
- They will receive a March payment of £12.50 (their balance at the March cutoff point).
- The remaining £20.00 balance is then carried over into the April payment period .
This user would then continue to receive payments in subsequent months so long as their balance at the cutoff point is greater than £5.00.
What is included in my payments?
Your monthly payment will include any and all royalties you've earned from Wikinut up until the cutoff date. So these will include:
- Author royalties.
- Moderator royalties.
- Invited friends royalties.
Your payment may also include any ad hoc adjustments (due to promotions and competitions) made to your balance before the cutoff date.