How to Delete a MPEG-4 File from Your Computer
This would help you if you want to delete an MPEG-4 file from your computer. These stubborn files needs some process to be followed to get deleted. Follow the steps given here.
There was a time when I was struggling in deleting the MPEG-4 files from my computer months ago. Well, usually I don't bother about the extra files but this time it was quite necessary for me to delete these files as my hardware was running out of space. I tried very hard to get rid of them but it was of no use. Finally I succeeded one day. Here is the method that I used.
You can simply use an "unlocker" to delete these files. You can get the latest version of unlocker at this link:
Unlocker is a great software and has a lots of satisfied users.
You can delete any file with the following errors:
1. Cannot delete folder: It is being used by another person or program
2. Cannot delete file: Access is denied
3. There has been a sharing violation.
4. The source or destination file may be in use.
5. The file is in use by another program or user.
6. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.
Now, how to use an unlocker??
Follow the steps:
1. First of all, download it if you don't have one.
2. Install the setup.
3. Now, go to the folder or file that you want to delete and right click on it. You will get an option of "unlocker" with a magic wand. See the top picture on the right.
4. Select it and you'll get a message box with all the files in it. See the bottom picture.
5. Click on "Unlock all".
6. And HOORAY!!! your problem is solved. Now, you would be able to access and delete those unwanted files.
OK, now this method doesn't need any internet connection or software. For the very first time I used this method only. It's simple. Just follow the steps:
1. First of all, for your own convenience, gather all the files that you want to delete at one place. It'd be best if you locate them on the desktop by simply using cut and paste. This step is optional.
2. Then restart your computer.
3. When your computer is booting, press on f8.
4. Several options will appear like, start windows normally, safe mode with web, safe mode etc. You need to select Safe Mode. It'll be on the top of the list. Don't select safe mode with web etc. Simply select "Safe mode".
5. After your selection, it will automatically open and you will get an extra account option named Administrator, other than your account(s). You need to select the administrator account.
6. Now, in this account, simply go the files you want to delete (wherever located, on desktop or anywhere else) and delete them. It'll be deleted without any efforts by simply clicking on "delete".
7. Then empty the recycle bin to get the space and restart your computer.
I hope this was helpful to those who are suffering from the same problem as I was suffering from once.