How to Make Modeling Clays for Children - Easy and Safe!
Modeling clay is not only fun for children. It is educational and enhances a child’s imagination and creativity. Bond with your child by helping them make their own masterpieces. Modeling clays are a bit expensive but you can make your own at home. All the things you need can all be found in your kitchen.
Things you will need for your homemade modeling clay:
1 cup cornstarch
2 cups baking soda
1-1/2 cups water
Food coloring or poster water colors
1. Mix baking soda, cornstarch and water in a pan.
2. Put over the stove with medium heat.
3. Constantly stir until it thickens into paste.
4. Remove from heat and let cool.
5. Shape with hands or cookie cutter.
How to make colored clays
1. Divide mixed ingredients into 3-4 parts before cooking.
2. Color each part with 2-3 drops of desired food coloring.
3. Stir until color is well blended with the batter.
4. Cook separately.