How to make your Droid run faster
This is a short guide on how to make your Droid (or any Android phone) run faster.
Make Droid run faster
Here are five steps on how to make your Android device run faster. I made this work with my Motorola Droid while running Android 2.2 (Froyo) with the FRG22D build.
1. Turn off sync for anything you don't need to be syncing with. The first thing to go is Twitter. Think about it for a moment: Twitter is made to work with mobile phones via SMS messages, and the Android is made to work seamlessly with the internet. Why do we need a Twitter application hogging all our power, speed, memory, data usage and bandwidth? Get rid of it and use the browser one. Trust me, it works just as well.
2. Get rid of your task killers. After installing the 2.2 update, my Advanced Task Killer (free) would not even kill applications -- it simply removed them from my multitasking switching window. Task killers are actually known to have negative effects on Androids: let your Android take care of itself.
3. Pull the battery. Seriously. Make sure you aren't doing anything important (such as updating firmware), and remove the battery. Then put the battery back and start the device. It should be much faster, but we won't stop there.
4. Avast Live Wallpapers! choose a beautiful, sleek, black background for your phone by taking a picture of the inside of your pocket (or something). This will help it run fastest, use minimal lighting for the background, and reduce the issue of animations hogging all the memory. This was a major time-saver for me.
5. Don't use so many shortcuts! The Android likes to populate all of its shortcuts at once instead of showing them as they appear. This results in a long loading time every time you unlock your phone. Just trash the shortcuts and use the search function or the menu to access them. You will be amazed how easy it is.
I hope these five methods help you to make your own Android faster. Thanks for reading!