Mediteranean Stuffed Chicken Breast
Impress your family and friends with this easy to cook but very impressive tasting and looking stuffed chicken breast dish.
Sundried Tomato and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breast
A friend of mine once told me that goat cheese makes anything taste better. I'm not so sure about how it can enhance the flavour of cereal, but I definitely feel that when you add it to a roasted chicken breast, it definitely enhances the dining experience. This recipe marks the first time I ever tried to stuff a chicken breast. Despite that fact that I had never done it before, I was surprised at how easy it is to do. I find that this recipe is a break from the norm around our house and adds some mediteranean flavour to our meals. I hope you enjoy it.
2 Chicken Breasts
5 Sun Dried Tomatoes (finely diced)
3 Calmatoa Olives (finely diced)
1 Clove Garlic (finely diced)
3-4 oz Goat Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Take the chicken breasts and with a sharp knife make a smal slit on the upper portion of the thickest side of the breast stopping just past the middle.
2. Using your knife enlarge the inside of the cut you have made, again without going right through the breast.
3. Mix sun dried tomato, garlic, goat cheese and olives together to form the stuffing
4. Fill each slit of the chicken breast with the stuffing
5. Place the stuffed breasts on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and cook for approx. 25-30 min. at a setting of 375 degrees.
This is a real simple version. For variety, you may want to add lemon zest or a bit of lemon juice to the stuffing or substitute feta cheese for the goat cheese. Also, you could try fresh basil leaves, green onions, or greater or less quantities of the ingredients in the recipe.