Online Student Registration and Billing System
This paper is the Chapter 1 of my project in Software Engineering under the curriculum of Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering. Hope this article help the many students like me.
- Background Of The Study
- Statement of the Problem
- Objectives of the Study
- Scope and Delimitation
- Significance of the Study
- Flow Chart - Conseptual Framework
In rapidly emerging world of technological advancement and innovations, computer has become a way of life and a driving force of modern industry and businesses. This becomes one of the most significant tools for more productive operations and accurate results. The web-technology is going through major changes, as a basis of the development of web-based applications and informative systems; web-technology is being matured over the past few years.
Web development is a broad term for the work involved in developing a web site for the Internet or an Intranet or a private network. This can include web design, web content development, client liaison, client-side/server-side scripting, web server and network security configuration, and e-commerce development. Web development can range from developing the simplest static single page of plain text to the most complex web-based internet applications, electronic businesses, or social network services. Web Development can be split into many areas and a typical and basic web development hierarchy might consist of: Client Side Coding, Server Side Coding, Client Side + Server Side, as well as the Database Technology.
Background Of The Study
Many organization and institution increase their investment in web-technology and online system. The scope of web-based application has grown enormously and has moved to become a platform that can support all facets of organizational work (Isakowitz et al., 1998).
For this reason, engineers and IT specialist strive and still vigilant in combining web development to the practical application of scientific investigations and research. But evidently the majority of the institutions still do not adapt with in evolving world of technology particularly the small institution like Kohen Tutorial and Development Center. It is an educational facility with traditional and innovative teaching and learning opportunities. Their aim is to enable students to achieve the full potential of the student in terms of academic competencies by focusing on the emotional, social, and educational needs of each individual.
This educational institution is eager to have a facility integrated with the computer to deliver better service to the students and most especially to the parents. We hope to develop a web-based online system that will minimize all paper works and manual records keeping, therefore allowing administration and staff ease in keeping track of students, and reducing the waiting time of the parents to the process of registration and billing. Thus, the system will increase the number of students/parents served. The system is expected to be fully automated, user-friendly, time effective, and practical.
Statement of the Problem
The researchers seek to provide solution to the following problems:
1. Insufficient amenities and utilities in processing of the registration and payments resulting to unorganized record-keeping and gathering information.
2. The students/parents are taking too much time of long processing of registration for validation.
3. The record was kept into folder which cannot accommodate the growing number of the student.
Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the research project are to:
1. To develop a web-based student registration and billing system for the Kohen Tutorial and Development Center that gives more systematic registration and payment processing.
2. To minimize the paper works and manual record keeping of the students. Thus, reduce the wasting time of the parents/students on the registration process while increasing the number of client serve.
3. To design a system that is secured which cannot be modified or retrieved by unauthorized person.
Scope and Delimitation
The study was focused on the web-based system development. The researcher formulated the scope and limitations of this project to identify the boundaries of this study.
The scope of this project is:
• The system will record all the necessary information with regard from the students.
• The system will determine the payment history of the student regarding their remaining balance.
• The system will display the bill of the student after the registration.
• It has a capability to keep in track the records of the student.
• The system is a username and password protected.
• The system will allow the student/parents to access in their account.
• Student and parents will view some information of the institution.
The limitation of this project is:
• The system will use only for student registration and billing.
• The system requires internet connection; else accessing to the system does not take place.
• The parents/clients are not capable to pay online.
• Only the administrator is capable to edit or modify the records of the student.
Significance of the Study
This project will be implemented and expected to provide good effect and beneficial to the following:
For Kohen Tutorial and Development Center. The institution will be benefited a lot because through this project they are more capable to provide better service for the students/parents.
For the student/researcher. This research study will serve as their reference materials and guide in doing their own research. The student may also use the ideas and findings written therein.
For the parents and their child. This system will help both parents and student to minimize being consumed in registration and billing process.
Flow Chart - Conseptual Framework
In conceptual framework the researcher uses the flow chart that shows the processes and flow of the proposed online system.