Why You Need To Engage With A Surveyor When Sub Dividing Land In Australia

developmentman By developmentman, 22nd Mar 2018 | Follow this author | RSS Feed | Short URL http://nut.bz/1zatdl9n/
Posted in Wikinut>Guides>Property & Real Estate>General

Sub dividing land for development purposes is different depending on the country and the region. This article discusses why you should engage a qualified surveyor to ensure you get through the sub division process without problems.

Working With A Surveyor

If you have a substantial amount of land in Australia, and you would like to subdivided, you are going to have to work with a surveyor. This is how you will be able to create what are called allotments. By doing so, you can increase the value of any property that you have as it can be used as a potential development project. If you have never done this before, you should know that you will need to work with the surveyor. These are the individuals that can help you determine where the allotments are going to be divided. They can also provide you with the paperwork that is necessary to make the entire event legal, plus you will be able to sell your allotments when the time comes.

Misconceptions About Subdivisions

One of the largest misconceptions about subdivisions is that you have to immediately build a house on that subdivision, or that you have to build any type of structure at all. In many cases, the only reason for doing the subdivision to produce the allotments is to sell off those individual pieces of property. This is how many people will generate a substantial amount of wealth with land that is adjacent to other areas that are being developed. They will get top dollar for all of the allotments, making the process of doing subdivisions extremely beneficial for the owners. However, to do this, you will have to find surveyors that can properly divide up the property. They are legally necessary, and can be found in local phone directories and also on the web.

How To Find Surveyors That Can Help You With This

Searching on the Internet is the easiest way to find these professionals. They will have websites showcasing the work they have done in the past. They will also have information about the prices that they charge. You can use the contact information that is on their website to either give them a call or send them an email. Once this is done, you will have some of them call you back promptly. You can ask how much they charge just to see if it is different than what is posted on their site. If prices were not posted, this is the only way you will be able to find out how much it will cost.

Other Professionals You Will Need For This Type Of Project

There are several other professionals that you will need for this type of project, especially if it is quite significant. A surveyor is only able to account for the size and shape of the land that is to be subdivided, and also to provide information about boundaries. You will need to use a conveyancer, property lawyer, building designer, and an architect if you are going to subdivide the land and also build houses on them. You may also need an urban planner, as well as an engineer, that can help you with the more technical aspects of this type of project.

Once you have quotes back from the different surveyors, you can schedule one to come out to do their job. Once you understand how many different subdivisions you can make, you can then estimate how much you could stand to profit. You can start calling them today by searching for them online, many of which will call you back on the same day. This will ensure that you can schedule a time for one of them to come out to do their job so you can begin dividing up your property.


Construction, Developers, Home Improvement, Real Estate

Meet the author

author avatar developmentman
I run a surveying and land division business in Australia.

Share this page

moderator Peter B. Giblett moderated this page.
If you have any complaints about this content, please let us know


Add a comment
Can't login?